Updating to a database from a datalist template field dating templates website
These functions are pretty IBM i specific, but I am pretty sure they could be modified to be used on other platforms if needed.
The functions I created mainly deal with returning result sets, column names and column types.
I searched many newsgroups on the Web and discovered that many of you thought that nesting a Data Grid inside of a Data List was a good idea, and there also seems to be some consensus that editing doesn't work correctly.
If you are just joining us, I encourage you to read the first two installments of this column in the VB Today section of as I won't be repeating that material here.
The most important part is, this custom logic should be configurable for the end user.
The Data Grid is the template that the Data List will repeat for every item in the Data List's data source. Data Bind() End Sub Private Sub Datagrid2_Update Command(By Val source As Object, _ By Val e As System.
NET application, I decided I wanted to repeat data that could be displayed conveniently in a Data Grid. If your experiences are similar to mine, you will have discovered that you can nest a Data Grid in the Item Template of a Data List and switch to edit mode, but the update events don't seem to find their way back to the Data Grid. (Actually, I found two solutions, one which I briefly describe and the other that I will demonstrate.) If you have been following along in Part 1 and Part 2, you know that you can express some reasonably complex relationships very quickly by using the template sections of a Data List, controlling layout with an HTML table, and using User Controls to implement the template sections of the Data List.
I thought naturally that the Data List was good for repeating things. In this final installment, I will demonstrate one example and describe a second that will permit you to successfully repeat or nest a Data Grid and get the edit and update behavior to respond correctly.
None of this is particular new or unique, but note how I handle the result. I noticed in Chrome that if I didn’t disable autocomplete, the browser would use both the explicit list I specified in Java Script and my personal autocomplete history.
For the past few weeks I've been putting together a real world application with and the Express framework (using Jade, which is now known as Pug, I guess).